Dazed and Bemused

Drunken recollections, boring anecdotes, and obscure references

Friday, October 29, 2004

Sometimes it's good to be wrong

Someone just walked into my office with a box, which I assumed from the size and timing was my oh-so-exciting Ivory Tab Top Window Panel Pair (curtains, in other words). Instead it's my package from Alldirect.com that wasn't even supposed to ship till next week with my new loan-out copies of Heatmiser's "Mic City Sons" and Neko Case's "Blacklisted". Also for me, Shalini's "Metal Corner", the new DVD version of "Stop Making Sense", with songs not shown in the theatrical or VHS release, and the piece de resistance, the Talking Heads' "Once in a Lifetime" collection. I think I know what my afternoon's listening will be, and I might dip into the DVDs tonight before I head to the show.

Alan