Dazed and Bemused

Drunken recollections, boring anecdotes, and obscure references

Saturday, November 27, 2004

I wanna get drunk I'm gonna make it real clear

Met a couple of cool people at a bar I'd never been to before tonight, The Williams Tavern, on 17th near Penn. Got chased out of the LL by way too much of the kind of Stoner metal that consists of 3 wildly distorted chords and unintelligibly growled vocals. Nicely eclectic jukebox, if not as up to date as the one at the LL. Anyway these folks were arguing about the Rolling Stone top 500 Rock songs list, something about which I have some strong opinions of my own, and we talked music for a couple of hours. They're dragging me to this show. Based on the three songs available to download from the Merge records website, it ought to be great.