Dazed and Bemused

Drunken recollections, boring anecdotes, and obscure references

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

You try to leave, but I'll be standing in your way

Go buy the new Born in the Flood CD, or for your shopping pleasure, click the link and order online from the comfort of your own computer. Saw them on Friday at the CD release show and they were fantastic as always. Nathan and Stephen also have a kickin' new CD, though it's hard to capture the sheer joyfulness of their live performance.

So, I didn't watch the Grammy awards. However I am aware that a band from Colorado was nominated in the Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal category. I'm not a big fan of The Fray, they don't do a lot for me musically, and they do seem have gotten plugged into the Clear Channel Marketing buzzsaw a bit too much for my Indie sensibilities. Still I don't have anything against them. However, clearer evidence that I move in a completely different musical world than the big-market pop bands was an a snippet of an interview I heard on, naturally, one of the approximately 47 Clear Channel stations in Denver. They were asking the lead vocalist what he thought of the other nominees in his categories and he said he'd heard of all of them except The Raconteurs.

Upcoming (bigger) shows I'll likely be at. Feel free to run with me, stop by to say Hi, or take a nap on me.

TV on the Radio w/Subtle, 3/20 at the Ogden
Neko Case, 4/5 at the Gothic
Ted Leo, 4/22 at the Gothic

Alan has got the Poison