Dazed and Bemused

Drunken recollections, boring anecdotes, and obscure references

Sunday, October 31, 2004

I could do with the money

I'm opposed to gas-powered leaf blowers in principle. I think they are used far too often when brooms and rakes will do the same job, sometimes in less time, and not create obnoxious noise and pollutants. However, there are some applications for which this tool is incredibly well-suited, and there really isn't a reasonable substitute, and cleaning dead leaves out of decorative gravel beds is one of them.

While I was sacrificing my principles on the altar of expediency, David Bowie's "Star" was running through my head. Not sure why, other than I've been mentally composing a list of the CDs that not only would I want to have on a desert island, but that I feel had a major impact on my musical tastes. More on this later, but "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" is near the top of that list.