Dazed and Bemused

Drunken recollections, boring anecdotes, and obscure references

Sunday, November 07, 2004

I don't have to have these dreams no more

Strange day today. Woke up bright and early for a Sunday, listened to more of the best of Guided By Voices, which I got from Emusic yesterday. Went out for breakfast around 9, and set some corned beef to cook when I came back. Watched the Steelers knock off the Eagles, then started watching the Broncos game. Start nodding off before half time, even. Fortunately the corned beef was done, so I just took it off the fire, washed up, and then lay in bed and dozed through the rest of the game. I must be getting old or something. Feeling pretty good now, hopefully I can stay awake through The Wire, and maybe even my DVRed Simpsons/Arrested Development.

My friend Flasshe just E-mailed me asking about the Ted Leo show this Saturday, so maybe I'll have company. I'm really looking forward to it. I've been listening to Shake the Sheets the last week or so, and really enjoying it, and Hearts of Oak was one of my favorites from last year. Never seen Ted live, but if it's half as good as the blackout show in NYC last year was reputed to be, it ought to be great.