Dazed and Bemused

Drunken recollections, boring anecdotes, and obscure references

Thursday, March 10, 2005

I get a contact buzz

So, I'm pretty much all moved. Everything is out of the old place, but I still need to get a few boxes of kitchen stuff out of storage (I was using my roommate's stuff before, not eating out of a Burger King bag over the kitchen sink, if that's what you were thinking). New place is working out well, it's great having a 25 minute commute at the peak of rush hour, vs. 45-60 from the old place. I have the sneaking suspicion it's going to pretty unbearably hot come Summer though, since we had a nice warm weekend and it was hitting 75 with the windows closed. Perhaps I can get a second job so I can afford to run the air conditioner. There's always sex work.

So far three different people have suggested I grow things on the balcony. I'm not sure the coca, poppies and marijuana idea will work in this climate, but if anyone knows any Peruvian peasants I'd like an expert opinion before I completely nix it. If that doesn't work out, I do like the idea of getting one of those lattice-work pergolas and training peas and tomatoes up the sides.

If I hadn't just simultaneously moved and donated all my money to worthwhile causes like the U-Haul corporation, I'd be more than just tempted to hop in the car after work Friday and drive down to Austin for The Features/Kings of Leon show Saturday night. Perhaps I would develop mechanical trouble that would force me to stay there all next week, and I'd be forced to console myself by drinking heavily and watching as many other live shows as humanly possible during SXSW.

Alan is intended for external use only