Dazed and Bemused

Drunken recollections, boring anecdotes, and obscure references

Friday, October 14, 2005

Down Under Where the Lights are Low

Stolen from this clever and interesting person, who got it from this one.

Some of these are true:

1) At one time, my favorite Devo song was "Going Under".
2) If I'm massaging the feet of someone who I know cracks their knuckles, I will crack their toes.
3) The first car I owned at the age of 16 is still the coolest one I've ever had.
4) I saw Black Flag pre-Henry.
5) Every time I've played pool with the members of a band I've never seen before, they've gone on to sign a national recording contract.
6) Brussel sprouts and tongue are two of my favorite foods.
7) I can sing both the Bobby Hatfield and Bill Medley parts on Righteous Brothers songs.
8) I am one of the most polite people I know.
9) I own a CD of dance mixes of Paula Abdul songs.
10) I very rarely swear, or display visible signs of anger or irritation.
11) ...Except when I'm driving.
12) I read the newspaper daily for the comics.
13) I'll sometimes listen to the same CD over and over again, even if I have lots of things I haven't heard yet.
14) The surest way to tell if I'm really focused on a project is if the music isn't going.
15) I spend more money on CDs and DVDs than liquor.
16) ...And I spend more money on liquor than on food.
17) I own more sets of color-coordinated sheets and towels than any straight man should admit to.
18) ...Likewise with the pots, pans, and cooking utensils.
19) I've cooked food for more than 200 people at a time.
20) If I didn't have a shop vac, I would never dust.

Alan is going to the place where all the mutants go