Dazed and Bemused

Drunken recollections, boring anecdotes, and obscure references

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Keeping an eye on the world going by my window

Nope, not dead. My side job of shaking down middle school students for their lunch money has been slow of late, so I haven't had the funds for the high level of riotous living you, my loyal readers, have come to expect and experience vicariously through me.

I did schmooze my way into a free ticket to a great show last week, The Reigning Sound opening for The Detroit Cobras. Greg Cartwright of The Reigning Sound produced the last Cobras record, and was playing lead guitar on tour for them as well. Great show. One thing that I found squinky/ironically amusing was the frequent use of an asthma inhaler by Rachel Nagy, the Cobra's lead singer. Yes, the air here is thin, and perhaps you were justified in mentioning it frequently, but chain-smoking on stage might also have a bit to do with any breathing difficulties you might be experiencing.

Booze is magically delicious, as are Keebler cookies. Coincidence?

I love me the last Go-Betweens record, Oceans Apart, lots and lots, check it out if you haven't already.

Alan is only sleeping