Dazed and Bemused

Drunken recollections, boring anecdotes, and obscure references

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The parachute's in my bag, I'm throwing it over to you

Play the Soundtrack to this post

Hey kids, want some ear candy? The soundtrack to this post is one of my all-time favorite songs, "Poppies" from the The Teardrop Explodes' album "Kilimanjaro". This song used to played a lot on KTCL before they started sucking, but I know the album mostly because the New Wave cover (we did a few originals too) band I used to be in did the song "Treason" from the same album. I'm not sure we ever performed that song in front of an audience, though considering we only performed about 3 times in front of others there were lots of songs we didn't "share".

In other Alan-centric news, I'd like to thank all those who drank with me, refrained from beating my ass, or poured me into cabs during my weeklong Bacchanalian adventure. Sadly, I'm back to the usual grind of smokin' weed and makin' money, but I'll be sure to give you plenty of advance notice for the next one so you can clear your calendars.

The future may hold the awesome spectacle of your's truly fronting an Iron Maiden tribute band for a limited number of engagements for a select audience. Run for the Hills, or go Where Eagles Dare.



Alan was born into a scene of angriness and greed