Dazed and Bemused

Drunken recollections, boring anecdotes, and obscure references

Sunday, June 19, 2005

I spent a lot of money and I spent a lot of time

I put together a 2004 retrospective CD. It's by no means comprehensive, but a lot of the stuff I left off is the obvious stuff a lot of mixes I've seen have (Hmmm, will this one start with Take Me Out, or close with it?). These are just things I like I think other people should have a chance to listen to.

Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)-The Arcade Fire
Love and War (11/11/46)-Rilo Kiley
Miracle Drug-A.C. Newman
Bleeding Powers-Ted Leo/Pharmacists
Birth-The Faint
Circus-The Features
C'mere-Interpol
Antidote-The Hives
Arbeit Macht Frei-The Libertines
Barfruit Blues-The Hold Steady
(You Got Me) Hummin'-Reigning Sound
Are You Gonna Be My Girl-Jet
Infrared-Shalini
Who the Fuck?-PJ Harvey
Crush On Radio-Visqueen
The Rat-The Walkmen
Staring at the Sun-TV On the Radio
Port Authority Band-Slim Cessna's Auto Club
Courtship-Smart Brown Handbag
Surfing on a Rocket-Air
Butterfly Thing-Tanya Donelly
Big Sky-Abra Moore
Equus-Blonde Redhead

Alan grabs a piece of somethin' that he thinks is gonna last