Dazed and Bemused

Drunken recollections, boring anecdotes, and obscure references

Monday, August 08, 2005

There are no words left to speak

New masthead picture, remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. What I like about this shot is that it's not obvious which eye it is, at least to me. I obviously need a real camera, though.

I've heard the Clap Your Hands Say Yeah album, and I don't get what what all the fuss is about. It's pretty good, but I was expecting the second coming of Peter Frampton or something. Maybe people just want to like a band with that kind of goofy name, which is certainly understandable.

On the way to work I was behind the Tractor part of a Tractor-Trailer rig (aka the front part of an 18-wheeler). Across the top of the back of the white cab was written JESUS in Red letters, and the mudflaps had red crosses on a silver background. I tried to get around to see the sides and front, but traffic wasn't cooperating. I think it would have been really cool in a creepy way if REPENT! or JUDGEMENT! were written in reverse letters on the front grill.

Alan can't keep his eye off of you